This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
If you live in the Atlanta area and are looking for a meal plan or delivery service that offers fresh, local, chef-prepared and Paleo meals at a reasonable price, consider giving Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine a try.
After I had published a review Factor 75, Nadyne, one of my loyal readers, reached out to me. Nadyne has been a satisfied customer of Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine, and she recommended that I tried their service. So I sent them an email, and they agreed to hook me up with a week’s worth of meals for me to taste and sample. Of course, I picked the Paleo meal plan and the so-called “Beast” option. The latter ensures each meal has 650 calories as compared to the 350 calories of a regular Paleo meal. I am not sure if that makes me a beast or a pig, but in retrospective, it was the right choice for me. My wife Kathy, on the other hand, would have been OK with the smaller portions.
Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine
I had never heard about Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine, but they have been creating and delivering healthy, chef-prepared gourmet meals for customers in the Atlanta area since 2003. They are an employee-owned company that has the goal of supporting local farmers and food producers by locally sourcing ingredients and taking the guesswork out of healthy living.
The fresh, gourmet meals prepared by your Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine™ chefs are an affordable way to eat well every day—for a fraction of the cost of having a personal chef. When you add in the convenience that comes from never having to shop, prep, cook or clean up, it’s the smartest way to enjoy mouthwatering meals and still meet your nutrition and wellness goals.
How Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine Works
Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine offers a variety of meal plans and options to customize your meals. You can even choose between pickup and delivery as well as the calorie count per meal. Getting started is straightforward:
- Pick your meal plan start date and number of weeks
- Choose from one of their five menus or create a custom menu
- Select the number of meals per day, calorie count and days per week
- Choose a pickup location or shipping method
Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine offers five menus and an option to customize your meal plan.
- Healthy Mix: As the name implies, it’s a mix of traditional food that includes lean meats and seafood.
- Vegetarian: Includes house-made meatless meals that are low in fat and cholesterol. Sounds like the opposite of what I would get :)
- Low Carb: Those meals contain approximately 15% net carbs. Three meals add up to only 40 net grams per day.
- Paleo: My obvious choice of entirely organic, naturally gluten and dairy-free meals made with grass-fed, cage-free meats, wild-caught seafood, and organic fruits and vegetables.
- Gluten Free: Those meals are naturally gluten-free, but since cross-contamination cannot be guaranteed, they are not recommended for those with Celiac Disease.
- Custom: Build your own menu from over 300 meals to choose from.
Additionally, Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine offers single meal options to cater to users following Keto or hCG diets.
Meals start at $7.50 per meal but can go up to $14.99 if you only order one individual 600-calories dinner meal. You can see all the pricing options here, but in a nutshell, you pick your meals based on the following matrix:
- How many meals per day: For example, you can select breakfast, lunch & dinner, or breakfast & lunch, or lunch & dinner, etc.
- Days per week: Depending on the plan, you can choose 3, 5, or 7 days per week.
- Calorie count: Options include 400 and 600 calories per meal.
- Individual meals: You can order as little as a single meal.
If you don’t want to bother with grocery shopping and cooking at all, you can sign up for the seven days a week, three meals a day plan. That plan would cost you about $155 or $177 per week, depending on if you choose the 400 or 600 calories per meal option. Per month, that would add up to $620 and $708, respectively, plus sales tax and distribution or delivery fee.
It’s important to note that some of the plans, including the Paleo choice, have a $9.50 per week additional charge. In return, you get the healthiest and highest-quality food Fresh ‘n Fit cuisine offers.
As a result, 21 meals (500-600 calories each) per week on the Paleo plan would cost me $745.96 per month, plus $26 in sales tax and distribution fee, if I choose to pick up my meals at a nearby pickup location. If I wanted my meals to be delivered instead, I would have to pay $139.20 for sales tax and delivery fee, not including any special offers or discounts.